Friday, August 04, 2006

Midnight Blues

Actually, it's well past midnight. I have to get up in 6 hours. That's not an outrageously short amount of time, but it's certainly shorter than I like to sleep. The problem is, I probably won't be able to sleep for several more hours.

There's something about these middle of the night hours, though, that have always suited me. Even as a child I preferred to be up late, sleep in late. It might be the quiet, the peace that settles over everything. It might be that my brain works differently at this time of the day. Who knows. All I know is that when people talk of babies having their days and nights mixed up, I wonder just who it is that decided the babies were wrong. Maybe the babies are the ones who have it right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home