Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Meme me

Thanks to Shawn for assigning me the letter "K" (and for skipping the letter "Z"...)

10 Things I Love That Begin With the Letter "K"

1. Kids. Well, some kids. All kids under the age of, oh, 2. And some of my students. And most of my friends' kids...

2. Knives. Necessary for my favorite past time - cooking. I'd love to get a really good set of knives someday, but they're sooooo expensive. Isn't everything good?

3. Kimberly. And all the rest of my friends. Shawnee, Stacy, Chad, Jean, Andy, Mitch, Paul, Dan. I couldn't get through the day without emailing or talking to at least one of them!

4. Kodak. Well, not really, but I refuse to spell camera with a "K", because that's cheating. But I DO love my digital camera. I love taking pictures and being able to see them right away (I'm big on instant gratification...) and manipulate it on my computer.

5. Kevin Smith. The last time I laughed out loud at a movie was at Clerks II. He doesn't hit a bullseye with every movie, but when he gets it right, it's freaking hilarious.

6. Kenobi, as in Ben. And all those other denizens of the Star Wars universe. Yes, I am a walking stereotype. I majored in math AND I love Star Wars and Kevin Smith. So sue me. I'll win, because I'm smarter than you. So there.

7. Kebab. Yum. Meat on a stick is always good. Now go make your own dirty joke.

8. Kitty. I do love my cat, even if she drives me insane. She's currently in "cute" mode, curling up inside my open suitcase as if to say "take me on vacation with you." Makes me feel guilty to be leaving her alone for a week. What? Someone is coming in a few times to feed her. What? Don't look at me like that. I feel guilty enough.

9. Kanga. And Roo and Pooh and Piglet and Eeyore and Owl and of course Christopher Robin. Not the Disney crappy incarnation, but the original stories that enchanted me as a child. I used to make up songs to go with the poems in _Now We Are Six_ and _When We Were Very Young_. Too much information?

10. Katsu California Roll. And almost any other form of sushi that exists. I currently have a standing date with friends to eat sushi every. single. Monday. And sometimes I go more often than that. I'll never get sick of sushi.


There you have it. Join the fun!

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawnee said...

Did you seriously just call me Shawn? You've never called me Shawn in the entire 24 years (wait, that can't be right, that would make us OLD) we've known each other. What's up with that?

Your list made me laugh. I could totally hear you saying each one.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home