Monday, November 06, 2006

I Feel Pretty...

I'm really quite proud of the fact that I'm not usually a girly-girl. I like to camp, I enjoy sports (both watching and playing, although I'm not so good at much of the playing). I often go without make-up or washing my hair and I'm not above being seen in public in a ratty tee shirt. If no one important is looking, at least. But there's something about getting your hair done that turns everyone into a girl for a little while.

I don't remember what the natural color of mmy hair is. I think it might be somewhere between a mousy-brown and a dirty-blonde. Since high school it's been a rainbow of blonde/brown/red/purple/pink. At different times. Mostly. Often I do the color myself quite cheaply. But on Saturday my hairdresser dyed my hair a lovely deep auburn that I am still in the process of adoring. AND she blew my hair straight, so for one day I got to pretend that I had lovely shiny straight hair instead of curls all over. I like my curls, usually, but I felt so...posh.

So, of course, I came home and took pictures of myself. Is that weird? Probably. That's ok. I'll be back to talking like a sailor and sitting in a decidely unladylike manner in no time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawnee said...

As I said, love the hair!

I think the years of allowing me to do your hair & makeup stunted your girlie gene. Don't worry, when we're old & gray & wrinkled & living together ('cause no one else will have our cantakerous selves), I'll make sure you look pretty every day. Of course, I'll be blind as a bat, so "pretty" may be a relative term. What the hell, you'll be blind too so you won't care! :-)

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home