Monday, March 10, 2008

Before and After

I am addicted to home improvement shows. I like watching the transformations, but really, I'm perfectly happy to miss most of the show and skip to the end where they show the before and after shots of the rooms they've transformed. And now I get to do my Very Own Version! Woo-hoo!

Last week, as a house-warming gift, my friend Todd (who is the one selling me the house) came up from Savannah and absolutely SLAVED for a week, doing many projects. I helped, but he did almost all the real work. So here are some shots of his (our) results!
#1: The kitchen, specifically the sink. Someday, I'd like to have this kitchen be the perfect kitchen. Unfortunately, that costs tons of money. So this go-round, I settled for replacing the antique, cast-iron sink and the cabinet under it that was rusting away. I hate throwing out a good antique, but it just couldn't get white anymore, didn't have enough room, etc. Also, notice that the ugly piece of crappy counter over the dishwasher is replaced. The cabinet and counter are from IKEA, the sink is from Lowes.

Before:

During:


After:


It is missing the small door for the cabinet to the left of the sink (I just got it from IKEA, but haven't installed it yet) but isn't it great?? And the greatest thing is that now I can replace the other cabinets as I have time/money!
Stay tuned for more tomorrow.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home