Monday, August 18, 2008

Herding Cats

The title is exactly what Asha has been trying to do for the last few days. The kittens continue to grow apace - as all babies seem to do - and they are now trying out their wobbly legs to explore the wide world. Their mother Does Not Approve. She spends a good portion of the day watching them take a few steps out of the closet they've been living in, and then chasing them down and grabbing them with her teeth to pull them back in. Which they complain about. Loudly.

They are darling, though, and starting to pounce on each other and on Asha. One of them (the blonde one that I currently call Jake) will be going to live with a family in about 6 weeks. The black one, whom I call Maggie, is staying with me. For some reason, all pictures of Maggie turn out not in focus. Perhaps she's just a little blurry? She's not as brave or as big as her brother, but she can yell just as loud.
Behold:
















1 Comments:

Blogger Shawnee said...

You are KILLING me with the cuteness! I WANT ONE. I would say that I miss when Lemieux was a kitten. But then I remember having to show him how to use the litter box, wiping his wee little nose (seriously, it was always crusty) & cleaning up his tiny footprints from when he would dig in my plants & then walk on my pristine white mantle & shelves. Of course, your kittens are probably relatively normal!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home