Friday, June 06, 2008

Ahhhhhhh

I frequently get very defensive when people tell me that teaching is great just because of all the vacation days we have - summers, spring break, Christmas break, etc. But you want to know a secret? Those people have it partly right.

Teaching isn't easy and teachers are underpaid. Blah blah blah, we all know that. But it sure is nice after a stress-filled year dealing with teenagers and all the baggage they carry around every day to know that in just an hour or so I'm leaving for the beach. For 10 days.

Don't get too jealous - I'm coming back and teaching at a summer camp and have the rest of the summer pretty well filled up with work either in the yard or at the camp. But til then, I guess I can say... "nyah, nyah - I'm at the beach while you're at work!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home