Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Meme redux

I had a series of books when I was a child called "Stories From Grandma's Attic", "More Stories From Grandma's Attic", "Still More Stories...", well, you get the point. At some point they finally ran out of ways to say moremoremoremoremore and came up with actual names for the remaining books. I feel like that will happen with me and memes. Meme redux, meme again...whatever will I call it next time?

Anyway, I'm following Shawnee's lead here (as I always did, of course. Especially when it came to breaking laws. Wait. No. We never broke anything, ever. Ahem.).

What were you doing 10 years ago?
Um - I'd just finished grad school and was teaching at a summer camp in Davidson, NC. I was dating Jim, and was in reality slightly homeless...I ended up staying with a couple of different people after the camp ended since there was about a month's lag time between the end of camp and the beginning of my new lease with Karen. Oh - and I'd just bought the first car I ever bought. Woo-hoo.

What were you doing one year ago?
Packing feverishly for the move into this house. I hate moving. And I think Andy was here about this time. I don't hate Andy.

Five snacks you enjoy.
1. Popcorn. Lots of butter (or butter flavored grease...doesn't matter).
2. Pretzels. I like them plain, but they're even better dipped in cream cheese. Fat makes everything taste better.
3. Chocolate Chip cookies. Soft and warm ones.
4. Guacamole
5. Brie and baguette with tomato.

Five songs you know all the lyrics to.
1. Mercedez Benz,
Janis Joplin (I just sang this song on the beach, to a bunch of people who didn't know it. I NEVER sing in public. But I think the fact that it was Janis, who really didn't have much of a voice either made me feel better about it!)
2. Bohemian Rhapsody, Queen (Yeah, yeah...I knew it BEFORE Wayne's World came out.)
3. Closer to Fine, The Indigo Girls (You ever have a song just slap you across the face the first time you heard it? This one did to me. I still remember exactly where I was.)
4. The Weakness in Me, Melissa Etheridge (A lesser known one by her, but her most beautiful.)
5. Looking for Space, John Denver (Actually, I could list any of his songs...this is just one of my favorites.)

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire.
I'm with Shawnee here: Let's assume this means multi-millionaire / billionaire, m'kay? Lots more fun to ponder.
1. Retire. To Hawaii. With all the friends I could pay for/convince to retire with me.
2. Buy my mother a house. Buy my father, well, something he wanted.
3. Travel. To Australia and Africa and Greece and...well, all over.
4. Convince John Cusack that I'm the woman of his dreams. Money can do that, right?
5. You don't even want to know how many shoes I'd have. Imelda Marcos? An amateur.

Five bad habits.
1. Biting my nails
2. Eating late at night
3. Procrastination. About everything.
4. Is *not* exercising a habit?
5. Spending too much money on shoes.


Five things you like doing.
1. Shopping
2. Reading
3. Laying on a beach. Any beach.
4. Throwing parties
5. Cooking

Five things you would never wear again.
1. Anything neon. Especially neon yellow.
2. Shoulder pads
3. Acid wash jeans with pleats (my skin is crawling just typing the words...)
4. A tube top
5. My prom dress (first of all, I don't think it would fit around my THIGH. Beyond that...why?)

Five Favorite Toys.
1. Digital Camera
2. Food Processor
3. My new car!
4. I don't think I have any other toys...not that I can talk about in public, at least.
5. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge

There you have it. Now you know more about me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawnee said...

I resent the implication that I led you down the path of iniquity. I seem to recall skipping down that particular path hand-in-hand. And also: I never dated a felon for whom there was a state-wide manhunt. Just sayin'.

I'm ready to retire to Hawaii whenever you are. Do we still wear the same shoe size? Imagine . . . double the shoes . . . it would be glorious!

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home