Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Better late than never

Only a couple of weeks after being tagged by Shawnee, here's the world's most popular meme: Six Weird Things About Me. You've been waiting. I know you have.

1. I hurt myself. On accident. All. The. Time. I wrote a whole blog about all the times I'd been to the emergency room on my last blog address, and now I can't find it, so suffice it to say that at last count I'd been to at least 12 different emergency rooms in at least 10 different cities. Only some of which I lived in. I've fallen down hills, sprained ankles, stuck myself with scissors, slipped on ice, hit my head, come down with mysterious or unusual ailments. And yet I've never broken a single bone. Go figure.

2. I am almost never early. I am rarely late. I am almost always exactly (as in 1 or 2 minutes on either side) on time. Even when driving long distances, I somehow manage to pinpoint arrival times. Now, that might have something to do with my willingness to break the sound barrier when driving, but...

3. Birds hate me. I've never met a pet bird that didn't bite me or shriek at me or try to kick their shit at me. Seriously. I lived with two love birds (they were my roommate's) and if I walked by their cage, they would fly to the bottom and quite literally kick their *shit* at me.

4. I love Magnum P.I. I don't mean I love Tom Selleck. He's ok as an actor, I guess, but I've never thought he was the hottest thing going or anything. There's just something about the show that I adore. The intrigue, the semi-serial storyline (especially in the later seasons), the cheesiness - whatever it is, I love it.

5. I almost always remain friends with my ex-boyfriends. I don't mean "on friendly terms" or friends-with-benefits-until-we-get-each-other-out-of-our-systems or any other perversion of the word "friend". One of my very closest friends is an ex. I went out to dinner last night with another ex. Another one used to fly from Oklahoma to Georgia to visit me. This has gone on since high school, through college and into my (nominally) adult life. Can't explain it...just happens.

There you go.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawnee said...

Sweetie? Is your sixth weird thing that you're a math teacher than can't count? 'Cause that's five things.

And by the way? #5 is just mystifying. Other than one of them, of course. (How is he, anyway?)

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home