Monday, August 27, 2007

Sudden Realizations

I came to, well, a sudden realization today. Now, some of you might want to smack me upside the head when I reveal this and yell, "We've been TELLING you that," but really - it took me by surprise.
In the last, oh, year or so I've dealt with several friendships gone awry. One is strained off-and-on, a couple have just ended altogether. And I've very much blamed this on myself. Wondered constantly what else I could do, if I'm a bad friend, if I ask too much of my friends, etc. But it dawned on me today that IT MIGHT NOT BE ME. Perhaps - just perhaps - the other people involved are the ones who are not behaving rationally. Perhaps I'm not to blame. There are other people that love me. I still have friendships that have lasted for oh-my-god-two-decades or more.
Probably my inability to see this before now stems from a combination of self-pity and misplaced guilt and also some self-centeredness (me me me me me, it must be about me). But wow. I feel like a weight has been lifted.
Whee!

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawnee said...

Hallelujah! It's about time!

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home