Saturday, September 29, 2007

Only me

It's been a while since I went to the emergency room. I'm about to break that streak.

A couple of years ago, I had a fairly mild bout with kidney stones. Not fun, but frankly, not the worst pain I've ever experienced (yes, I've had an injury/weird illness filled life). I thought all that was behind me. But then...

Woke up this morning (7 AM on a Saturday!!!) in incredible pain. Of course, by the time I had hobbled around the room finding clothes (yelling, "ow, ow, ow, ow," the whole time) the pain had subsided. And that's a good thing since I have a flipping PROJECT due today for my free-lance job. So now I'm feverishly (quite literally...last time I had kidney stones, I ran a fever for three days) working to get that done and once it's done and it's a reasonable hour, I suppose I'll call a friend and get myself to the ER for some treatment.

I swear - why can't I do something normal like come down with the flu? I NEVER get the flu! Kidney stones, shingles, strep tongue (yes, you read that right)...now THOSE I get. Sigh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawnee said...

Sorry I can't be there to . . . well, commiserate, I guess, since there's not much else I COULD do. I'm off to work, will call you later to see how you're feeling (hopefully high as a kite from all the sweet, sweet narcotics the ER has given you for the pain). Get well soon!

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home