Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Fun With Insomnia

The great Kidney Stone Crisis of 2007 is (almost) officially over. Although the incident did confirm that I am a medical freak - I put off going to the doctor until Monday, on the grounds that since I didn't have a fever, I didn't have an infection so just needed pain killers. When I saw the doc on Monday, she did give me some painkillers, and confirmed that I didn't have a fever (my temp was 98.4 for the record)...but found that I did have an infection as well. Sigh. I'm the only person I know who gets bacterial infections (strep, urinary tract, etc) and doesn't get a fever. Oh well.

Now, of course, we are back to our regularly scheduled bouts of insomnia. As an example: I took TWO Vicodan before bed last night. That was, to be precise, exactly 3 hours ago. Um, yes. And now? I'm wide awake after less than 3 hours of sleep. Is that normal? I think not.

I swear - is there anyone out there who is prone to colds and flu who would like to trade medical proclivities? I'll take some constant sniffles over only occasional but always frustrating weird medical ailments.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawnee said...

I have bronchitis for roughly 4 weeks, twice a year (October & March). Not sure I am willing to trade. Ask me again in a few weeks!

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home